Trend Micro is enabled with all sorts of cutting–edge technology to protect your devices either windows or Mac against malicious attacks. The invasion is executed by cybercriminals on purpose to exploit monetary benefits of it, therefore, tech-users want to provide comprehensive security to their devices to keep online criminals at bay. The market is surging with a plethora of antivirus but trend micro has been one of the most sought-after companies that come with an extra layer of security which is recognized as a trend micro folder shield. But its users find it a little bit complicated to set up, taking this issue into consideration, if you are one of them, you can learn how to setup trend micro folder shield in windows and Mac easily. If trend micro users come across some other technical issues, they can utilize this trend micro customer phone number to get a quick solution.
What Is Trend Micro Shield?
All your important files and programs are kept in a hidden folder that cannot be accessed by outer agents unless you keep them in the white list category which is why it is also known as a trend micro shield. It is very useful for both commercial and individual. To setup trend micro folder shield in windows and Mac seems to be a technical jargon for its users which needs a few steps which are given below to help.
Steps To Setup Trend Micro Folder Shield In Windows And Mac
The aim of setup trend micro folder shield in windows is to protect folders and sub-folders from the attack of ransomware, malware, spyware, and malicious sites.
Steps To Setup Trend Micro In Windows
• To begin with open trend micro and then tap on the “data” tab.
• After that tap on configuring apart from folder shield.
• Go through the introduction to click on “ok”.
• In order to avoid showing this introduction one more time click on “ok”. For the purpose of not seeing windows every time, you must configure the folder shield.
• After that click on protect more to choose more folders.
• Now, complete windows need to be set up by doing the careful selection.
• Tap on “done” in order to save the changes.
• If you want to add another folder, click on the manage folder button.
Steps That Will Help You Add A Program
• To start with clicking the “trusted program list” link.
• After that click on add and then click on browse and then search the program which you like to allow to the protected files.
• One program can be added at a time.
• Tap on done in order to save the changes.
• If you want to remove a program from the list, find the program and click on remove.
• By doing so, one program can be added at a time, after that click on “done” in order to save the changes.
• If you want to remove the program from the list, tap on “remove”.
How To Turn Off Folder Shield?
• For the purpose of turning off the folder shield, you need to drag the slider to the left.
• Turn it back on, and drag the slider towards the right.
Steps To Setup Trend Micro Folder Shield On Mac
In order to protect files and folders on your Mac against the attack of ransomware, malware, and malicious attack, a few of the steps need to be followed by you which are given below that will ease your work.
• To begin with opening trend micro antivirus.
• After that tap on folder shield.
• Soon after tap on the lock icon to change.
• Enter your password and click on “ok”.
• In order to start protecting your folder, switch on a folder.
• As soon as a window appears, click on “ok”.
• Now, tap on add folder.
• After that you should select your folder, and then tap on add.
• If you want to add more, click on add more.
• Lastly, tap on tap on the lock icon to stop further changes.
To setup trend micro folder shield in Windows and Mac is done by way of following the steps which are provided above can be executed within a few minutes. If you encounter any issue, you can get support from experts who are available remotely; they will resolve your issue in no time.