What is McAfee Cloud Antivirus And Why It Is So Popular
McAfee Cloud is simply a Windows-based anti-virus product that provides exceptional world-class anti-virus protection with minimal impact on the performance of your computer. The product can be used on all kinds of Windows PCs and its ‘small-footprint’ indicates that it is ideal for use on any lightweight devices such as Ultra mobiles and Notebooks. Furthermore, McAfee Cloud Antivirus is a tiny app with the utmost power to protect your whole PC from malware, viruses, and spyware. The anti-virus product works quietly and stays out of your way it will only send important notifications, and won’t ambush you with surprise scans on the PC.
McAfee Cloud Antivirus stand out from other anti-virus products
Instead of using traditional definition based method in which file signatures are compared with the existing database of signatures of malicious files to identify potential threats, McAfee works on behavioral scanning. McAfee closely monitors the activity of the given file to check whether the file is good or bad. If McAfee detects any suspicious behavior, it immediately blocks the execution of that file to protect the computer. As a result there are less false positive with McAfee than any other antivirus software in the world. Apart from its good features, it is backed by McAfee Customer Service Phone Number to provide exceptionally good technical support.
Characteristics of McAfee Cloud
McAfee Cloud Antivirus uses machine learning to detect unknown malware and zero-day threats in near real-time.
The antivirus has a small-footprint client:
- It occupies only about 60MB of hard drive space in total, compared to 250MB or more typically used by other anti-virus products.
- It also uses a new, virtually signature-less detection technology for reduced memory usage.
- Improves detection by up to 30% over standard DAT (signature files) and McAfee Global Threat Intelligence (GTI) detection.
Exceptional McAfee Cloud Anti-Virus
- McAfee Cloud AV Security Center: This shows you the current security status of your PC, including the status of the Windows firewall.
- Next Generation Anti-Virus: Leverages behavioral detection to provide more effective protection against the newest malware, exploits, and online threats.
- McAfee Web Advisor: Your personal safety advisor wherever you go online, providing you with protection against known bad websites.
What is Real Protect?
- Real Protect is the core the next-generation anti-malware technology in McAfee Cloud AV. Rather than use “black lists” of known bad files, Real Protect evaluates the behavior of suspicious files, which greatly increases the ability to block new malware.
System Requirements for McAfee Anti-Virus Installation
- Windows 7 or later (including Windows 10 TH2)
- x86/x64 CPU (ARM not supported)
- 1GB RAM
- 600MB Free Disk Space
- An Internet connection
Uses of McAfee Cloud Antivirus
- It closely monitors the data flow between all household devices to make sure only authorised users has access to your valuable data.
- McAfee Web Advisor help reduces the chances of being infected by warning you when you try to visit a web page known to distribute malware.
- It is a set of security solutions that help organizations to move services to the cloud.